Monday, November 2, 2009

Lucy in DISGUISE! Paige's 2009 Halloween Costume Awards.

Let me start by saying that I applaud everyone who dressed up this year, because nothing is lamer than the dude standing next to a houseplant at a party wearing a shirt that says, "This is my Costume." What it should say is, "This is the limit of my creativity." Costumes are AWESOME.

All that being said... I was sadly disappointed at the costumes people wore to the film festival, about 80% of the audience were dressed as zombies, and not the creative kind either. They were dressed as the "I put on dirty clothes and used red sharpie on my face for blood" Zombies. Lame... but MAD PROPS to the chick who dressed up as Rufio, ma'am, you are my hero.

Due to the lack of awesome film fest costumes, my sorority sister, Julia, and I ventured downtown to 6th street to see the costumes there. They did not disappoint. So without further ado, I'd like to present some awards, to the people whom I thought went above and beyond...

Best Obscure Cartoon Reference: Powdered Toast Man


Apparently in Texas they didn't grow up with Ren and Stimpy because like NO ONE knew who this guy was supposed to be. Which makes me a sad panda. I think the only obscure super hero that would be a BETTER costume would be to go as Arnie... STRONGEST MAN... in the world. And if you're gonna be Arnie, you really have to commit. If anyone dressed as Arnie this year PLEASE send me a picture. I will totes post it. If not, then someone PLEASE go as Arnie next year, I can't believe it's taken me this long to think of it.

Best Nickelodeon Game Show Team: GUTS!


Okay, for the record, I saw 2 Double Dare teams and representatives from every team on Legends of the Hidden Temple. This group had that something extra... that's right... IT'S A SLICE OF THE AGGRO CRAG! They actually made their own piece of Crag. In my opinion that attention to detail gives them the right to tower over the Pantheon of Nickelodeon Game Show costumes and take their rightful place as king.

Best Pretentious Film Nerd Costume: A Clockwork Orange


Not the only Alexander DeLarge we saw that night, but this one definitely had the creepy smile down.

Best Costume Combo: Swine Flu and Elderly Walmart Employee


I think both of these are so creative, the only thing that makes them better is that they were there together... as a couple... an Elderly Walmart Employee and an Elderly Walmart Employee's worst fear.

Best Costume That Can Double as an Outfit for Scientology Protests: V


This guy was head to toe legit... and once again ENGLAND PREVAILS!

Best Costume Based on Vh1: Brett Michaels


You better believe I got a picture with Brett Michaels, and yes I will stay on this tour and continue to be your Rock of Love... but only if there are relays and powderpuff football games involved.

Best Costume That Could Totally Be Confused for Something Even Better: ?


Okay when I first saw this one, I was hoping against all hope that he was dressed as Jason Segel in Forgetting Sarah Marshall and would maybe grace us with a selection from his Dracula Puppet Musical. "Die! Die! Die!... I can't." Unfortunately he was Mr. Rogers... who sadly never wrote a puppet musical.

Best Costume that WOULD have been relevant 20 years ago... and was also a bad Madonna Movie: Dick Tracy


This dude was majorly creeptacular... we probably should have known. After all, he WAS dressed like Dick Tracy.

Best 80's College Film Reference: Tri Lam


Revenge of the Nerd...y Halloween costume.

Which brings me to my personal fave.

Best Costume Taken from a Hilarious Ad Campaign: The Most Interesting Man in the World


That's right, the Man, the Myth, the Legend, was in Texas this weekend... and he preferred not to be confused for George Clooney.

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

-Rampaige

No comments:

Post a Comment