Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday Postage

So... at 2:10 this morning I turn 22. I figured one of the best ways to celebrate the occasion was to pick some of my fave movies from the past 22 years. Enjoy!...

1987: Princess Bride
This is one of my all time favorite movies and lo and behold it came out the year I was born. Coincidence... I think NOT!

1988: Bloodsport
I'm a sucker for a terrible Van Damme movie... especially when Karate Competitions are involved.

1989: The Little Mermaid
Believe it or not this was the first movie I ever saw in theaters.

1990: Edward Scissorhands
The last time I went to get my car's oil changed, this movie was on in the waiting room... I voluntarily sat in that waiting room for an extra half an hour to finish it.

1991: Beauty and the Beast
My favorite Disney movie of all time.

1992: Resevoir Dogs
Making Mexican Standoffs cool since '92

1993: So I Married an Axe Murderer
I love this movie and I quote it way more than I'd like to admit.

1994: Pulp Fiction
ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!

1995: Clueless / A Goofy Movie
This was a really tough decision for me. On the one hand, I have an unabashed love for teen films. On the other hand, the Goofy Movie pretty much shaped my childhood... so I decided to go with both.

1996: That Thing You Do!
I have never met a person who dislikes this movie, mainly because it's awesome and it has one of my favorite soundtracks ever.

1997: Liar Liar
The CLAW!!!

1998: The Wedding Singer
I love this movie! I've seen it on Broadway, and I will literally stop and watch it ANY time it's on tv, no matter what.

1999: The Mummy / She’s All That
The Mummy was the first, pseudo-horror film I ever saw, and She's All That is one of my fave teen films of the late 90's.

2000: High Fidelity
I am super neurotic about my music... thank goodness someone else is too.

2001: Head Over Heels
"I'ma gonna have red beans for dinner."

2002: My Big Fat Greek Wedding
This movie was awesome, until the dawning realization that it will someday be my future.

2003: Cabin Fever / Kill Bill Vol.1
My go-to awesomely bad horror movie and the good half of Tarantino's Kung Fu epic came out in the same year... I know, I couldn't believe it either.

2004: Mean Girls / Alexander / Shaun of the Dead
Yet another awesome year for film. Now most of you are probably wondering why the hell Alexander is on this list. Let's be honest... that movie is sucktacular. However, it was the first R rated movie I saw in theaters after turning 17 (Thanks Vanessa for experiencing that horror by my side) it's also the first and only time I've ever seen audience participation spontaneously happen. In stead of leaving, people started cat calling and throwing stuff at the screen Rocky Horror style.

2005: Sin City
Freaking awesome, V for Vendetta also came out this year... also freaking awesome.

2006: Snakes on a Plane
Enough is Enough! I have had it with these Monkey Fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

2007: Grindhouse / Juno / Atonement
The Perfect Storm of movie years... fo reals. Also my first year of film school.

2008: Slumdog Millionaire
Superfantastic... one of my fave oscar winners of all time.

2009: Inglourious Basterds
Dude, like you didn't see it coming, this was TOTES my movie of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment