Monday, May 18, 2009

Save the Cheerleader...

Okay, so after last week, wherein Merrissa and I managed to possibly spend more time in theaters seeing Star Trek than we did eating or sleeping, we made the mistake of watching an episode or two of Heroes. What we were of course unaware of is that Heroes episodes are kind of like Albino Cheese-its. You can't eat just one, once you have that one handful it's a slippery slope down to the bottom of the box where you're dumping the little leftover crumbs of webisodes and interviews into your entertainment starved mouth... But I digress.

Suffice it to say that despite the fact that it's finals week, and Merrissa and I both being responsible adults with steady jobs.... We've managed to finish all 24 episodes of Season 1... in 2 days.

Being 1 season in, I feel that I'm equipped to make some witty observations... So! The Wins... and Fails... of Heroes. Let's get the good news out of the way first shall we...

WINS!

1. Merrissa and I skipped Daisy of Love to finish watching Season 1, so obviously they're doing something right.

2. Hiro = Amazing. Although he kind of looks like he's about to shart every time he messes with the space time continuum.

3. It's kind of like live action X-Men... but with new stories. Which is cool beans.

4. Sylar Alex Mack's a toaster... it's the shit.

5. I can't think of a time when Samurai Swords aren't pretty much the coolest thing around.

FAILS!

1.Half the time, I find myself rooting for Spock... I mean Sylar.

2. Ali Larter's getting annoying, and it's only Season 1. She needs to have that wacked-out brain of hers stolen... and soon. Go Sylar!

3. Fascinating though her story is... Hayden Panettiere seems like she'd be a mondo bitch in real life. Not that there's anything wrong with that. All I'm saying is that Bitches can't hang with the streets, a fact proven time and time again by the venerable Dr. Dre.

4. Milo Ventewhat'shisbucket tends to "Stallone Out" if you know what I mean. It's kind of like Hulking Out, only slightly scarier and considerably more Rambo-ish. You know in Rocky when Stallone has that like sideways mouth scream... yeah.

5. The painter dude... although freakishly cool. Somehow manages to paint water colors using Oil Paint, explain that one.

1 comment: